Monthly Letter Replacement Battle

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
Here's how it works. The previous word msut be changed, but only one letter can be replaced. You can rearrange them however you like.

For instance:

"WORD" becomes "DROW."

You can also add a letter:

"WORD" becomes "SWORD."

You can remove a letter AND change one.

"WORD" becomes "DRAWS."

Or just remove a letter.

"WORD" becomes "ROW."

I hope this makes sense.

Basically, the letters would mutate over time, but you will always know what some of the letters will be next time. This allows you to hone skills on those letters.

Previous examples include:
  1. SWIM which became
  2. MOWS which became
  3. SUMO and so forth...
RULES:
Anyone can enter, regardless of skill level.

Characters and backgrounds are allowed, but letters are the focus.

Any form of graff is acceptable, from handstyles to throwies to pieces.

Color is optional. You can even submit a pencil sketch.

You may only submit one sketch to the battle. If you submit more than one sketch, even with another account, your last posted sketch will count as your submission.

Digital is allowed.

New battles will start on the 1st of each month. All submissions MUST be posted to this thread, by midnight EST three days before the month ends (for this first battle, that means Sunday night, at midnight to Monday, March 28th). Any entry submitted after the deadline, no matter how good... no matter how much you plead and beg, will not count. Sorry... one month is plenty of time to enter.

Entries made just for the sake of beef will also be disqualified. People who talk shit or start beef in here might just end up disqualified from all future battles. We are here to have fun, not stroke your tiny ego.

VOTING:
You get one vote. You do NOT have to be entered to vote. You cannot vote for yourself.

The winner has until the last day of the month (for this first battle, March 31st) to pick a new word.

It must conform to the rules outlined for words. One letter added or removed or changed. Letters arranged however you like. If you do not follow these rules, your entry will be disqualified and the runner up gets to choose.

I know that’s a lot of stuff to read. It’s pretty much like any other battle on here.

Please read the rules carefully before you enter. Have fun, keep this thread free of beef, and use these battles as a tool to practice and refine your skill. If you have questions, ASK. Even if they feel stupid. Someone else probably has the same question.

Reactions: xplicitkaos

JUNO

Reaction score
Im struggling when it comes to having the same two letter next to each other. I got to the first L and from there I quit. I had the same idea as @SATIRE but with a jackhammer.

What is the best way to go about this. Do you use two variations of letters?

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
Im struggling when it comes to having the same two letter next to each other. I got to the first L and from there I quit. I had the same idea as @SATIRE but with a jackhammer.

I dunno man. I like to do two different styles if I have to do two letters repeating.

Phazr

Reaction score

Two different styles can definitely help, because it's difficult to try and get them to look identical, one usually ends up looking like the special needs sibling 😅

Sometimes, depending on the style I'm doing I will use a a second power thing like L² usually in a little caption bubble. Like this. But I also like to do a lot of cartoony type stuff so it kinda works lol

Attachments

• 20240423_180615.jpg
    20240423_180615.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 1