General Chat / Off Topic

Phazr

Reaction score
Figured we needed a place for general conversation. Day to day chit chat and that sort of thing.

With that said.. I want to come out of semi retirement (im old) and at very least start catching some tags again here and there, but want to do so with a new name as what I allegedly used to write is now tied into my content creation.

These are what I'm thinking. Let me know if there is an OG that uses one that I hadn't thought of.

KEZR
ZERK
KERZ
REZK
REKZ

Mainly just cause they're good letters. Hope yall are well ✌️

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
Just keep in mind that if you are trying to keep it a secret, while the forum is invite to join, the posts are still visible to the public.

That said, my general rule on name picking is what letters and letter combinations you can do, and enjoy doing. I see letter choices as influencing style. Your choices are going to be very angular, which is fine. Aggressive even. In my opinion, it is harder to work with letters that have a flat right edge as the first letter. But on the flip side, R is one of the best ones if you are going to do that.

EDIT: I guess "K" is too for the same reason. You have that middle bar that kicks in, and are free to do a lot of extensions off the left side of the top and bottom without really messing up the legibility of the letter. So, all those variations are pretty okay. If it were me, I'd pick "REZK," partly just because you get that symmetry. You can probably flip the "E" to be like a mirrored "Z," which I love doing stuff like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phazr

Phazr

Reaction score
Yeah thats solid Input, I like those letters for tags for sure. You're spot on about them being angular and aggressive though. Which I also like because it will allow me to experiment with a new style a bit more.

My current piece style is like a weird cartoonish style with the letters being character like, some would call it Euro-style-ish lol but I'd like to practice with a bit more technical style as well.

PASC

Staff member
Reaction score
Im drawn to ZERK for some reason. Just sounds awesome.

Andy B

Reaction score
I just want to say, props to Satire for setting this up. It's a lot smoother than the other forum. With the invite only, there will be less mess.
With that being said, I've about given up on the other forum. Since the announcement of this being a possibility, I've been off and on being able to log into the other forum. This is the error I get when I can't get in. Then I might be able to get in on a different day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240216-211014.png
    Screenshot_20240216-211014.png
    239 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: PASC and SATIRE

Phazr

Reaction score
Agreed on the props. Hopefully we can all keep it growing as well. BS was great back in the day. Dunno what you would have been banned for, have you tried a VPN lol

Reactions: PASC and SATIRE

JUNO

Reaction score
How long does it take you to finish a battle entry on this forum? Just curious.

For me, it usually takes days if I do one letter a day. That works for me because I can pace myself. I use to do it one sitting but it felt like I was rushed.

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com

For me, it usually takes days if I do one letter a day. That works for me because I can pace myself. I use to do it one sitting but it felt like I was rushed.
I work on like six or seven things at a time so I usually am putting the finishing touches or feel unfinished even on the day the battle is due.

Tenix

Staff member
Reaction score

2 days 1 to decide what I’m doing the other to do it

Reactions: SATIRE

JUNO

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guys follow any famous YouTubers such as ten hundred, kiptoe, slew, smoe nova, or doke. They announced that they are going to be doing a meet and greet from 12-3PM on May 4th at the Haymarket brewery in Brigdman, MI

Reactions: Phazr

JUNO

Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread where you can list Graff books/magazines that you owned or have read and would like to share with others...

JUNO

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean? Also, do you not have the ability to make new threads?
Yes, I can make a thread it's just knowing where to put it in the corresponding category. "Graffiti books/magazines"

What I meant from my previous post, if people want to share the title of books that they have read related to graffiti or share titles of collected magazines.

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
Yes, I can make a thread it's just knowing where to put it in the corresponding category. "Graffiti books/magazines"

What I meant from my previous post, if people want to share the title of books that they have read related to graffiti or share titles of collected magazines.
Okay... I ask because it sounded like you meant .pdf of old books.... and I have quite a few myself, honestly. I don't think the size permissions would allow that, and my host might get upset. I use Dreamhost and have a sizable GB allotment (250 GB I think) but I also host my own personal website on this domain and through them, and have a sizable .mp3 collection of my own music already there:

And sound collages here:

If you want to make a new thread, general talk seems as good a place as any. Feel free to post up books and flicks of those books.

.pdf files, not so much... ha ha...

Which is a shame. I have a ton of old-school graff mags from 1990 as .pdf. I bet people would appreciate seeing them. I also own a sizable collection of books myself and magazines from early 2000 like Stile File. Easily an entire shelf of my bookshelf is nothing but books and magazines...

But I'm an old fuck. I turn 50 this July. For realsies. So the time-frame is mostly late 1990's to 2010. These days, I see flicks mainly online so books kind of don't really push my buttons anymore. But it is nostalgic to go back and flip through, say "The Art of Getting Over" or "Graffiti World" for instance.

Reactions: JUNO

JUNO

Reaction score
Logging into Bombing Science forum is like seeing tumbleweed in the desert lol. That forum died out since everyone transitioned here. Thanks again @SATIRE for setting it up and seeing less spam.

Reactions: Andy B and SATIRE

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
Logging into Bombing Science forum is like seeing tumbleweed in the desert lol. That forum died out since everyone transitioned here. Thanks again @SATIRE for setting it up and seeing less spam.
I appreciate that, but honestly, I'm just glad to see people on here and keeping the community alive. I DO wish we could add more members, though. I try. Feel free to invite people.