Blackbooks

zoup

Reaction score
That's some quality stuff!

One thing I always try to do is keep all my letters the same size. And I'm big into symmetry. So for that one, I would shrink the R just a little, bump it up and arch that one extension out to mirror the extension the back of your P.

Like so:

View attachment 377
dope letters man

JUNO

Reaction score
Random speed doodle at work, way out of my element 😅 R looks like booty View attachment 1848
Dope letters. Really like the letter 'Z'. Imo I would add another arrow facing the right side on the first bar of the letter 'R' to fill in the negative space.

When it comes to the letter 'E', I started to have a similar letter style, however I usually struggle with the middle part. Sometimes, I prefer lowercase letter 'E' depending on the flow.

Phazr

Reaction score
Dope letters. Really like the letter 'Z'. Imo I would add another arrow facing the right side on the first bar of the letter 'R' to fill in the negative space.

When it comes to the letter 'E', I started to have a similar letter style, however I usually struggle with the middle part. Sometimes, I prefer lowercase letter 'E' depending on the flow.
Yeah there was going to be a K on the end after the R, but I never finished it 😆

Phazr

Reaction score
AZIEL for a reddit challenge , can't decide if I want to fill the letters or be lazy and leave it as is. Only have felt tip pens at work so fills are a pain 😅

20240603_171502.jpg

Reactions: zoup and SATIRE

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
AZIEL for a reddit challenge , can't decide if I want to fill the letters or be lazy and leave it as is. Only have felt tip pens at work so fills are a pain 😅

View attachment 2242
That is some premium stuff there. I love love LOVE everything except for the tiny eye and mouth on the "A." I feel what you were going for there, but it feels kind of tacked-on. Contrast that with the eye on the "E," which I think works great. I don't know how, but I would have re-worked that one single element. But it's not a deal-breaker by any means, and I have devoted far more text to it than it deserves as crit.

Reactions: Phazr

Phazr

Reaction score
That is some premium stuff there. I love love LOVE everything except for the tiny eye and mouth on the "A." I feel what you were going for there, but it feels kind of tacked-on. Contrast that with the eye on the "E," which I think works great. I don't know how, but I would have re-worked that one single element. But it's not a deal-breaker by any means, and I have devoted far more text to it than it deserves as crit.
I appreciate the input either way! I get what you're saying though and I agree it probably could have been reworked a bit. Thanks bro!

Phazr

Reaction score
R , kinda messed it up when I inked it but it happens lol 20240605_172907.jpg

Reactions: zoup

Phazr

Reaction score
Smallest blockbuster ever, and a poorly done lego dude lmao20240809_163011.jpg

Reactions: SATIRE