Satire WILL return...

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
I am in a cabin in the mountains of Tennesee with my family for a week. They have wifi here, but it's currently broken. I intend to do a fair amount of art and chill and enjoy time with the fam. So, while I can get to the forum on my phone, don't expect flicks or anything from me this week. Ya'll hold it down.

Of course, I will still be here, like an ever-present ghost haunting the place.

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
So, the plan was to go to my sister in Florida and go home on Wednesday. But, now, thanks to the storm, we are getting an Airbnb and will prolly be gone until October 12th. I can access the site fine but won't be doing any of my normal posts. All my Graff images are.on my PC at home. I am just on my phone or my tablet.

I live in Augusta GA and we got savaged by the storm. Almost all roads are impassible and the 12th of October is when they estimate our power will be restored. It's a mess. For me, the biggest problem is I have two different meds I take that have to be refrigerated. Hope you and yours are safe.

@Andy B can you handle the battle postings? Just make sure the expiration for polling is three days. @Tenix can you keep the fires lit?

Reactions: Andy B

Andy B

Reaction score
So, the plan was to go to my sister in Florida and go home on Wednesday. But, now, thanks to the storm, we are getting an Airbnb and will prolly be gone until October 12th. I can access the site fine but won't be doing any of my normal posts. All my Graff images are.on my PC at home. I am just on my phone or my tablet.

I live in Augusta GA and we got savaged by the storm. Almost all roads are impassible and the 12th of October is when they estimate our power will be restored. It's a mess. For me, the biggest problem is I have two different meds I take that have to be refrigerated. Hope you and yours are safe.

@Andy B can you handle the battle postings? Just make sure the expiration for polling is three days. @Tenix can you keep the fires lit?

We got you homie.

Reactions: SATIRE

Tenix

Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah I can try between hospital visits and what not

Reactions: Andy B and SATIRE

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
Oh... and now I find out that in addition to curfews and the electricity being out for a LONG period of time, our water is also shut down. Auguta has some REALLY bad water maintenance problems. We get all of water from a canal off the Savannah River, but some of our pipes are literally made of wood. Flooding and stuff like that is a well woven part of our history. There is a marker on town that gets updated every time there is a flood with a line showing where the water level was. Apparently Augusta was one of the worst hit parts of the country. Last news report was that 14 Americans have died from the storm. TEN of them were in our area. Two of them were right down the road from us. Friends onlene have been sharing photos and it looks like that footage you see on the Weather Channel or in movies.

it's one thing to see that stuff elsewhere and your heart goes out to it. It;s another to see it firsthand. I am kind of dreading going home right now because of it. Glad to be here instead of home.

I appreciate ya'll keeping the fires lit. I really do.

SATIRE

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.bangyard.com
First, the good news. I am returning home tomorrow.

Now the bad news. Internet is apparently down except for cell phone internet. Until the 19th of October. So I will be unable to do my regular shenanigans until then.

Reactions: Andy B and Tenix

Tenix

Staff member
Reaction score
First, the good news. I am returning home tomorrow.

Now the bad news. Internet is apparently down except for cell phone internet. Until the 19th of October. So I will be unable to do my regular shenanigans until then.
Dw got it covered

Tenix

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks homie. Augusta, GA was nearly hit by the Hurricane as bad as Asheville. My boy @PASC who is also on this forum took rhese photos down the street he lives on...

It's crazy. It feels like a movie.
Damn heard it was crazy stay safe